Friday, August 20, 2010

yum? YUM?

Oh My Awesomeness!

So, remember that potato salad I was contemplating a few weeks ago? Well I made it...the pesto one that is and I adapted it and changed it to what I like. You see, I usually find recipes and use them as template for amounts and modify them to how I like. And this recipe in particular work FABULOUSLY!!! And they usually do anyways.

Let us call this the Awesomely Awesome Blue Colored Earthy Rustic Potato Deliciousness Salad. Here is the recipe (I trust that you, anonymous and trusted reader, will not go off and become famous with it because if you do I will have a mastiff/st bernard mix bike your head off in my honor (-: ).

1.5 - 2 lbs Blue Potatoes (mine were fresh from the Troy Farmers Market)
1 lb Green Beans
1 Head of Broccoli
1 Red Onion
1/4 Cup + 1 TBSP Olive Oil
1/3 Cup Grated Parmesan
1/4 - 1/3 Cup Crushed Walnuts
1 Cup Sliced Basil (FRESH!)
Garlic Powder
Pepper
Italian Seasonings

Wash Potatoes. Bring them to a boil in a pot of water and drain. Return potatoes to pot and toss with garlic, salt, Italian Seasonings, and 1 TBSP olive oil. Roast in over at 400 F for 1/2 hr. While the potatoes are roasting, cut up broccoli, green beans and onions. Put in the same pot potatoes were mixed in. Stir fry veggies for 5-10 minutes over medium high heat (til slightly tender). Take off heat. When potatoes are done, put them in the pot with the rest of the veggies, olive oil, basil, walnuts, Parmesan, and spices.

Eat your heart out. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment