Monday, September 20, 2010

Ice Ice, Baby

Oh heyyyyyy!

It's been a while, has it not? I am sorry, anonymous readers, but I did give you fair warning. Take my lack of blogging as a good sign. It means that I am thouroughly enjoying myself, living life in the almost real world. I hope the same goes for you. Since I first began this blog I believe that my life has expanded and changed and I have learned so much about so many things. I have learned that procrastinating at work is as acceptable as procrastinating homework in college. I have learned that foodstamps are quite awesome and that I can eat like a king (or queen) on them. I have learned that there are chemicals in almost every product we use that can cause cancer and that I cant actually run 10 miles all at once, although I may not survive the next two days. And that is only the beginning of my mind expatiation...

It may please you to know that I am currently at my work site, writing this blog on my sites computer. Mainly because my computer at home is beyond slow. I wanted to come on and provide you, anonymous reader, with some links, books, and things that may be of interest to you...mostly because they are of interest to me:

Troy Bike Rescue: I plan on hitting up the learn and earn workshops...heeelllzz yeah!
Capital District Community Gardens
Troy Farmers Market
Democracy Now
Move On

Ishmael - the book I am reading now by Daniel Quinn...quite an interesting perspective
The Better World Handbook - don't know how much I trust the resources but a good place to start
The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake - haven't actually started reading it yet but it looks cute and its for my work book club

Made some awesome apple crisp this past weekend. Emergency trip to the super market was necessary in order to purchase vanilla ice cream (food stamps were utilized). I also purchased tomatoes - in season and highly recommended. I don't think I've ever craved a tomato before and I am now. Its in ma blood or something.

Last thing: TSHIRT. I am going to have people sign a t-shirt that I will wear on my race day. I have a tendancy to drop my head when I get tired (while running) so I thought that maybe if I have encouraging messages or names of people, it would inspire me to keep going :-)

Also, shout out to Amanda Wilson for giving damn good massages. Thanks dude.

LarkFEST this weekend, yeah baby! Also Boarded up Action at Grand Street Community Arts. Busy week to get through, but the weekend will be hella rewarding :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment