Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Journeys to Live

So today was a day I wanted to post. Look at that. A day where I actually wanted to write something. But then I ran into a dilemma. I couldn't figure out what to write about...there were just soooo many things to say! So I guess you, lucky readers, with be able to read about all of them. Now, I am going to say that I will make this a short post because I need to get to bed, but reality is that it probably won't be short so you, anonymous reader, will just have to deaaaalll.

So. The thing that first sparked the need for a new blog post was the fact that I needed to document my amazing adult grilled cheese that I made for myself the other day. I wish I had pictures to show you, this thing was soooo good. The grilled cheese all began at the farmers market where I purchased yummy, delicious, $8 (yes, $8) pesto. I also purchased olive foccacia bread and fresh yummy vine tomatoes. All of this proceeded to be made into what I have decided to call "Adult Grilled Cheese." It's like that grilled cheese you used to eat with the crusts cut off and dipped in tomato soup. You know, like from elementary school. You'd eat it on days that were cool and rainy while watching Beauty and the Beast...well at least I did. Up until high school. Yum. Well, anyways, my adult grilled cheese consisted of all these farmers market ingredients piled high on top of the olive foccacia along with some Health Community Harvest bruschetta...YUM! OH, don't forget to broil it in the over for like 5-7 minutes. Then it's absolutely perfecto. Serve with some fresh apple cider (or beer, which ever you prefer) and voila! Beautiful, easy, yummy meal. Don't forget the Stewarts Ice Cream for dessert.

Second thing I wanted to mention was this whole idea of Walmart selling fair trade coffee. WHAT'S WIT THAT?! I mean, walmart is anything but fair trade. They don't even pay their employees enough to purchase health insurance without falling below the poverty line. Crazy. It's like McDonald's going organic.

NEXT! OH shit I forget...Hang on, it will come to me. AH YES! The Troy Bike Rescue. I went for the first time today and it is totally AWESOMEEEE!!!!!! YEAH! Like, I feel like I've talked about my bike and how important it is to me. Well, the Troy Bike Rescue (TBR for short) has confirmed to me that I am not a sole lunatic (or that I am one of many lunatics) obsessed with me bike! So I walk in about an hour after they started the session to see like tons of bikes and a bunch of people running around with wheels, bolts, wrenches, and greased up hands. YUM. Lets just say I was home! I felt slightly useless at first because I had no idea what to do or what I was doing. But then the head lady volunteer person hooked me up with this dude who was just like a wealth of knowledge. Not the best teacher, but he was lucky cuz I'm a visual learner anyways. This dude went through the names of all the different parts of the bike. I could lie and tell you that I remember them all, but who are we kidding. You must know me well enough at this point to know that I know nor can retain very little information. A lot of people there were first timers, some were people who wanted to adopt a bike, and others were like me. They just wanna learn! And learn I did. I could totally like take a bike and put it back together in no time. Not saying it would be better off that way...just that I can do it. I also feasted my eyes upon the MONSTER bikes. Or at least the really tall bikes. HUGE bikes that are two bike frames fused together so its super tall. Someday I'll get a pic up here. I feel there is more to tell you but it is late and I am getting tired so I will just leave you with the fact that its AWESOME and you should TOTALLY HIT IT UP.

I gave blood yesterday. First time ever. IRon is usually too low. This time it was at the minimum. Hell yeah. Took about 6 minutes. BOOM!

Talked with mom today. Love her. Argued of course. I'll talk more when I am less tired.

PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment